Welcome to My Miniature Menagerie

February 17, 2013

Still here!

I know, I know...it's been forever since I've shown any activity.  What you may not know about me is that sometimes after a huge project like 120 Copper Court, I like to just step away from miniatures for a bit and take a hiatus, so that I can come back to my work room refreshed and inspired.

Well, I definitely got refreshed!  Shortly after Copper Court was completed, my fiance Jeff and I went to Hawaii and got married on the Kukio Beach in Kona.  We had a great time in the warm sun, but we both were excited to get back home to Alaska.

Now that I've returned to the work room, I am embarking on a new project called the Countryside Cottage.  I am so excited about this new project for many reasons, but mostly because I will be trying out more new methods that I've always wanted to experiment with, but never had the opportunity.  I am starting with an inexpensive kit with this project, but out of the hundreds of pieces, am only using 12 pieces total.  Only 12.  This means that I'm going to be bashing the heck out of this one!

So I cordially invite you to follow me along on this one.  And as with the last project, there will surely be a contest of some sort once it's complete!  ;-)

No comments: