...to becoming something real. Before I get going, however, I do need to beg your forgiveness in advance if you are a regular follower of my blog. I took a bit of a hiatus after the completion of 120 Copper Court and a little over a month ago, I went back to school full time for my degree in Information Systems Specialist. Combine school with a full time job, well...it doesn't leave as much time for me to mini as I used to have. But I do manage to eek in a few hours here and there, so here I go. The Countryside Cottage is on its way now. This project is what I previously named the Country Roombox. Since I wanted to go bigger than the roombox would let me go, I decided to get a regular dollhouse kit in order to let my ideas soar! This simple, 1/8" plywood kit gave me the skeleton I wanted to build upon and I added to the thickness of the exterior walls; making them 7/8". I did this so that I could have deep set windows with real window sills for display pieces. I'm after as much realism as I can possibly get with this project and I'll let you know why later on.
I am in the midst of preplanning all of my rooms. This end of the house will have the eat-in kitchen on the first floor and the master bedroom on the second floor. For the bedroom, I wanted only one wall wallpapered and the rest of the walls painted to coordinate. According to the paint bottle, the color is ivory; but it looks light yellow. I'm going to have to lighten it up a bit, as I want to match the background color of the wallpaper a bit closer.
I won't glue the side wall on until I have the windows in; just to make life a bit easier. The kitchen walls are painted Parchment, but I may decide later on to add a bit more color, so we'll see. I have a huge order of mini's coming in, and once I have it I'll be able to really rock and roll on this project.