Welcome to My Miniature Menagerie

September 14, 2012

120 Copper Court - Furnished Living Room


I wanted "pop" and I got it! The red in this room is, in my opinion, attention grabbing; without being too overboard. With the pale walls and ceiling, this room needed a splash of color. The piano is the music box kind that I've had on had for years. The sofa, rug, pillows, chair, pipe & ashtray, coffee table, flowers, and vase are from DHE. The clock and mirror are HOM kits that I assembled. The fireplace is from New England Miniatures. And the little Victorian phone is a treasure I found on eBay. The window treatments I made myself.

The color scheme I chose will also lend itself nicely around the holiday season; which is rapidly approaching!


Anne and her decorator Franz discuss the final details of the living room.  She is quite happy with his choice of color palette!
 




 
The draperies gave me fits and I can't seem to get out various wrinkles, so Anne and family will just have to live with them...or blame them on the cat (coming soon!).

4 comments:

Bell and Crow Miniatures said...

Just beautiful! My bags are packed and I am ready to move in!

Jazzi said...

This room is absolutely beautiful Marie! Looks so darn glam and real...well done!

All Things Mini said...

Thanks, you two! I am really looking forward to seeing it decorated for Christmas :::swoon!:::

Giac said...

This is one of the most beautiful and convincing miniature rooms I've come accross. Every detail looks just perfect and the illusion is 100% believable.
Terrific work.
Hugs,
Giac