I have just finished the mansard roof section of the entire roof assembly. And I am loving it! These asphalt-look shingles are perfect for this shape of roof and were so easy to put on. I used construction adhesive and it made the entire job so much easier. I still have the top of the main roof and the two small dormers to finish, but I just couldn't wait to see the mansard section completed. I also used some crown moulding at the top to dress it up a bit. I carried the look around to the rear of the house to give it a more uniform look.
I am sooo loving this house and the fact it's turning out exactly how I had envisioned it so far. Now, onward to finish the clapboard!