Welcome to My Miniature Menagerie

June 07, 2010

We made it!

Well, we drove the Alcan Highway and survived; as the saying goes.  It was an absolutely incredible trip without incident and our four cats did much better than we hoped they would.  We reached my dad's house on May 22nd and I went back to work on June 1st as a Move Coordinator for a local relocation firm.  And now that we're settled and into a routine, I thought I'd post my first batch of photo's.  The photo's below are of the views I have to and from work every day...the Chugach Mountain Range.  I haven't lived in many places, but of the places I have lived, none of them have had mountains that are as "in your face" as the state of Alaska.  It's just so beautiful here and it feels so great to be back home.

5 comments:

Cia of Briarwood Studio said...

So pretty. It must be awesome to see that every day.

Margaret said...

What a majestic scene, you must feel so close to nature there. A bit chilly I bet with snow still on the mountains. Hope you will show us more.

All Things Mini said...

It's actually pretty warm here since we got here...60's and mid-70's on a daily basis. Now, I do imagine that where the snow is still on the mountains that it's quite cold up there still, but in a month or so it'll be gone. It's such a wonderful place to be!

Kim said...

It is indeed a beautiful work commute- I hope to visit Alaska some day. I am glad to hear the kitties did well- I had been thinking about you traveling with them :) I'm so happy for you Marie- I wish you much success and happiness in Alaska ♥

Tallulah Belle said...

Beautiful...I can't wait to visit Alaska. Next year perhaps.

Glad you are getting settled.