Welcome to My Miniature Menagerie

March 19, 2012

Update on 120 Copper Court

Yes, it really has been awhile since I've shown any progress on this one.  Now that I have a workshop again, I've been able to really move forward on this project.  I've done quite a bit of bashing, as you can see.  The kitchen and bathroom just weren't large enough so I extended the bays out another two inches; made an incredible difference.  I also decided that instead of soooo many windows in the bedroom (and as a result, less wall space for furniture), I'd put one of the bedroom windows in the bathroom instead; since the bathroom didn't have a window.  The bathtub will go under the window.


The main color of the house is a light, creamy tan color.  The trimwork is white.  The difference is subtle, yet in my opinion, elegant.  I'm very pleased with the color choice and I can't wait to see more of it as the house continues to come together; especially with all the Victorian trimwork and details.  I'm also experimenting with different finishes for the front porch.  Right now, stone tiles are in place but I feel they may be too much once the stone foundation is done.  I may just end up doing it in wood to match the door.


Trimming the clapboard to fit around the special shapes of the windows has been interesting, to say the least.  I have had to hold the window trims in place without gluing them in, at first, and trace around them onto the clapboard.  Then, I take the clapboard to my bandsaw and cut out most of the shape.  The finishing touches are done with my Dremel sanding drums.  I think everything is turning out very well so far.


The contractor for the livingroom/parlor has gone on holiday without cleaning up his mess!  But the room is coming together nicely and I'm looking forward to seeing it with the chandelier and the window trims in place.


Well, that's it for now. Stay tuned for the next episode of 120 Copper Court!  ;O)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving what you have donew so far! So elegant!

Cate and David said...

What a beautiful house this is going to be!

All Things Mini said...

Thank you both!

Kathi said...

What a great house! Love what you are doing! Can't wait to follow along and see more! :D

Unknown said...

It`s a wonderful house, love what you have done. Looking forward to see more.
Mona

Sandra said...

I love the colour scheme - so elegant. It was a really good idea to put the window in the bathroom - how gloomy without one! And you need wallspace in a bedroom. Also extending the bays is a great idea. There is so much thought and planning going into the house that it is going to be just lovely. Sandie