Welcome to My Miniature Menagerie

March 31, 2009

ATM Folk Art Swap

This is a 1:12 scale bench I made for our current swap over in the All Things Mini forum...Folk Art. Completely designed from scratch, once I assembled the pieces, I stained the bench in a golden oak and then applied antique white acrylic paint over a crackle medium. I wanted to give the bench some age. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't pick up fine details like the crackles or the rubs in the finish. I think it turned out pretty decent tho. I had to make four of them.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Marie, Your little bench is fabulous, did you do the folk art on the back? Your swap partner is very lucky.

All Things Mini said...

Thank you for your kind words. No, I didn't hand paint the art on the bench. I wish I could paint like that!