Welcome to My Miniature Menagerie

February 15, 2014

Cottage Exterior

I know.  It has been ages since I have posted anything about this project, and I apologize.  The good news is that I have a great start on the exterior with only a few minor enhancements left on my list.  I have reached the point now where I go back to the interior and start filling it with the treasures I have collected, just for this project, for the past two years.  Hence, my room-by-room journey commences.

I am so pleased with how the front yard area of the cottage is turning out, though.  I love to use the same materials that railroad modelers/hobbyists use; such as trees and various types of ground turf.  Another favorite landscaping item of mine is Reindeer Moss; which I have used around the trees.  To be added later will be flower boxes, a few boulders, more moss and flowers.  And have I mentioned that I love the red door?!


5 comments:

Xandra Dekker said...

What a lovely cottage you`ve made.

Greetings Xandra

Indy_Poppy said...

The outside looks great. I really like the red door. The garden looks good too.
IndyPoppy

elizabeth s said...

The exterior of the cottage is wonderful and you have captured the feeling of an English stone cottage so well especially with the little walled garden! How delightful it all is! :D

elizabeth

Giac said...

Hello,
Excellent work. the red door is a beautiful touch and the building looks fantastic. Well odne!
Big hug,
Giac

Marisa said...

I like how it's turned out!